GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE PROCESSING AND SAFE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND THE USAGE OF “COOKIES”
In order to protect the security of personal data provided by the users of the website / clients, we comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE PROCESSING AND SAFE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA Law firm Mikov, owner of the brand Mikov & Attorneys, BG code 177141388, № 71/2017 on the inventory of Sofia City Court, with headquarters and address of management: Sofia 1000, Al. Stamboliyski Blvd. № 51, 8 th floor, represented by Konstantin Petkov Mikov (referred to below as “LAW FIRM MIKOV “) duly informs about the application of the REGULATION (EU) № 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation /GDPR/) and the Law for Protection of Personal Data as follows:
1. We may collect information about the users of the website / clients in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on our website includes:
Personal Data including but not limited to: Personally identifiable information, such as name, email address, telephone number, country of residence, other information, that you voluntarily give to us when you submit your complaint on our website, or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the website, such as subscription to newsletters. The users of the website / clients are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however their refusal to do so may prevent them from using certain features of the Site.
Derivative Data including but not limited to: Information our servers automatically collect when the users of the website / clients access the website, such as their IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages they have viewed directly before and after accessing our website.
Data From subscription to our newsletter: Personal and other information the users of the website / clients may provide when they subscribe to our newsletter.
2. The aim of the processing of personal data, provided by the users of the website / clients, primarily in connection with the legal services agreement is: keeping records on the relations between Law Firm Mikov and you; for internal analysis; to assess the satisfaction of clients with the quality of services provided and the activities of Law Firm Mikov; for sending of information messages about the service and newsletter, provided by Law Firm Mikov; for statistical purposes.
3. Recipients or groups of recipients to whom personal information may be disclosed on the website:
Personal data will be proceeded only by the authorized employees of Law Firm Mikov and by
natural / legal persons with the status of “controller and processor of personal data” within the
meaning of Article 4, p. 7 and 8 of the GDPR.
• Personal data may be disclosed to third parties for processing in other EU and EEA Member States where the legal protection of personal data complies with the requirements of Bulgarian law.
• Personal data will not be provided to third parties unless it is provided by law or under the conditions set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
• While processing personal data, Law Firm Mikov will use the services of persons who will process the data. In this way, Law Firm Mikov will provide access to the data to its partners and collaborators directly or through the administrator and exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
4. The users of the website / clients have the following rights in accordance with the GDPR: • Right of access to personal data: the right to request from Law Firm Mikov to confirm whether your personal data have been processed and if so, to access the data and information on our processing activities; to receive information about the processing purposes for the recipient groups to which the data has been disclosed; to receive messages in comprehensible form, including the personal data that has been processed, as well as all information about their source; to obtain information about the logic of any automated processing of personal data that relates to yoou; the right to obtain a copy of the personal data, however, shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
• Right of rectification: the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
• Right to erasure (”right to be forgotten”): the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data and we have the obligation to erase your personal data without undue delay where certain legal grounds apply (e.g. when the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected). There could be cases, in which your right to erasure could not be exercised and the processing will be necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; - for compliance with a legal obligation, which requires processing by European Union or Bulgarian law to which we are subject, or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
– for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Right to restrict processing: the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
– the users of the website / clients contest the accuracy of your personal data for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of their personal data; - the processing is unlawful and the users of the website / clients oppose the erasure of their personal data and request the restriction of their use instead; - we no longer need the users of the website / clients’ personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the users of the website / clients require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; - you have objected to processing pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours;
• Right to data portability: the right to receive the personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and they have the right to transmit those data to another controller without our hindrance insofar the processing is carried out by automated means and is based on your consent or on a contract.
• Right to object: the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data. We will no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override their interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Right of withdrawal of consent to processing personal data: You are not obliged to submit your data to the website; you have the right to refuse to provide such data in case you have provided all necessary data and it is done completely voluntarily, these Terms and Conditions for the Processing of Personal Data indicate to you that they are entitled to and may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the users of the website / clients consider that we have infringed the GDPR in processing their personal data (for Bulgaria the supervisory authority is the Commission on Personal Data Protection – www.cpdp.bg). We will act on your requests in relation to your abovementioned rights free of charge. If your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, then we may either charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested, or refuse to act on the request.
5. How long do we keep the personal data of the users of the website / clients?
We comply with the principle that the period for which the personal data are stored is limited to a strict minimum and personal data are not kept longer than necessary for achieving the purposes of processing. We will keep your personal data for the duration of the respective legal services agreement, and for an additional period according to our internal rules and our legal obligations as attorneys on data retention. We may continue to process your personal data for the subscription to our newsletter until you withdraw your consent.
6. Newsletter, Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive newsletter, correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, the users of the website/ clients may opt-out by:
– clicking the unsubscribe link in any non-business communication from us;
– contacting us using the contact information provided below: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before such withdrawal.
7. Data, which is automatically collected through cookies When you visit the website, files called “cookies”are stored on your computer or mobile device. “Cookies” allow the website to memorise your actions and preferences for a certain period of time and make it easier for you to target this website. The “cookie” does not personally identify you. It allows you to recognize your device and collect certain information about the navigation, performed by the device.
The purpose of cookies: To optimize the navigation of this website and adjust its display according to the device and software you are using. Developing statistics on visits, visit rate, the content that was visited. Trade statistics, Collection of user feedback for the website. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the users of the website / clients gives their explicit consent within the meaning of Art. 4, p. 11 of the GDPR to Law Firm Mikov as a controller of personal data for the storage, processing and usage of all personal data, including those which will be provided in the future for purposes of the provisions mentioned above.
“Cookies” are managed from your internet browser, and only the cookie publisher may decide to
read or modify the information, contained in the cookie. You can control and / or delete cookies
as desired by setting up your browser, you have the option to delete all the cookies already
stored on your computer and configure most browsers to block them.
The “limited cookie” validity period.
8. How do we protect your personal data?
We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your personal data are treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR. We have implemented sufficient technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data will be safe from accidental or unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access.
10, In order to exercise your rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, or if you have any comments, questions and requests related to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or at out address: Bulgaria. Sofia, 51 Alexander Stamboliyski blvd., fl. 8. We will provide information on the action taken based on your requests within 30 days of receipt of your written request. That period may be extended by two months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. In this case, you will be informed of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request, together with the reasons for the delay.